db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: Question about grant/revoke
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 17:04:35 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner <djd@apache.org> writes:

> Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
>> While working on re-using resultsets (DERBY-827) I've discovered that
>> calls to
>> getLanguageConnectionContext().getAuthorizer().authorize(this , 1);
>> have been added in places that I don't think are compatible with
>> re-using result sets.
>
> I think that the checking authorization once is the desired behaviour,
> not every execution, for performance reasons. The statements should be
> invalidated when a revoke is executed.

Sigh... I was so happy because I figured out how to move the
checking into execute(), AND the test passed on the first attempt! Oh
well, that's life :) What you say about performance makes sense. So do
the grant/revoke expert(s) have an opinion about how to invalidate all
statements affected by a revoke (or grant)?

--
dt