db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: Database implementation help
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2007 11:05:21 GMT
Steve Morin <steve.morin@gmail.com> writes:

> I am looking to implement a sql parser, I have been looking for a book
> or paper on the subject with little to no luck.  Can any one point me
> in the right direction or suggest a book on the subject?  I would
> appreciate any pointers to resources on the subject.

Using Google to search for "sql parser library java"

I found

Seems they are using JavaCC like Derby is doing. But since it is a
separate library it might be easier to play with...

(Disclaimer: I haven't tried zql myself, and the license seems
unclear to say the least...)

As for paper/book. I guess that if you order a copy of the SQL
standard (with complete grammar) from ISO (www.iso.org) and get the manual
for JavaCC you should have pretty much what you need. At least to get

Wild idea: Maybe you could write a script which converts the grammar
decription in the standard into a JavaCC grammar representation?

View raw message