db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jessie Lee <jessie_...@bmc.com>
Subject Re: Page could not be read from disk
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 21:10:24 GMT
> I would expect there to be more information in the derby.log.  The full
> exception chain should provide additional information.  If this keeps
> happening and indicates the same page each time there may be
> corruption.

Hi, Stanley,

Thanks for the reply.  I got the following error from derby.log.  I tried to
restart the database and kept getting the same error.  I guess the database is
corrupted?  Is there a way to fix the database?

Thanks,
Jessie

java.io.EOFException
	at java.io.RandomAccessFile.readFully(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer.readPage(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.CachedPage.readPage(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.CachedPage.setIdentity(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.services.cache.CachedItem.takeOnIdentity
(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.services.cache.Clock.addEntry(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.services.cache.Clock.find(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.FileContainer.getAllocPage
(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseContainer.getAllocPage
(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseContainerHandle.getAllocPage
(Unknown