db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how should store get an object based on format id and collation id?
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 01:01:01 GMT
Hi Mike,

I think the code should go in iapi.types.DataValueFactory. DVF has Locale of
the database initialized on it by BasicDatabase using setLocale method. I
will go ahead and change that method to also initialize a RuleBasedCollator
field using the Locale field. This RuleBasedCollator will be used to
construct CollatorSQLChar and other kinds of CollatorSQL... classes if the
collation associated with format id is not 0.

Let me look at how actual objects are created using DTSClassInfo to see how
it might fit into the puzzle.

thanks,
Mamta