db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DERBY-1478 : Making the correct collation type available in CreateTableNode for character string type columns
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 20:46:55 GMT
OK. I am also wondering about the 2 character sets that Derby 10.3 would
have. All the user schemas as per the wiki page would have USER character
set and the system schemas will have SQL_IDENTIFIER character associated
with them. I am wondering if we leave these at conceptual level and just
have the collation type correctly set on the SchemaDescriptor? ie no code
corresponding to character set in SchemaDescriptor?

Mamta