db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Discussion: Next release version number: Derby 10.3 or 11.0
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:08:40 GMT
On 4/20/07, Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As the release manager for the next release, I need to nail this down...
>
> This is the last discussion mail on this - I plan to call a vote on
> this early next week.
>
> The issue is: are the incompatibilities described at the bottom of:
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenThreeRelease
> large/serious enough, and the new features for the next release big
> enough, to call the next release version 11.0?
>
> Currently, I'm inclined to call the next release 10.3.

10.3 would get my vote as well.

I don't see any mention about security changes on the
ForwardCompatibility page. Maybe there should be an exception that
security fixes / improvements may occur in a minor release even if
they impact interfaces declared stable, since that seems reasonable
and would reflect the current situation if we release as version 10.3?

andrew