db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSoC (Fwd: Implementing speculative locking protocol for Apache Derby)
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 00:06:34 GMT
On 4/10/07, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> > Would any committer like to sign up to mentor this GSoC project?
> > Mentors need to be signed up at http://code.google.com/soc/mentor.html
> > by midnight PST today.
>
> Does this have to be a committer?  I seem to recall a discussion where
> it was determined that being a committer  was not a firm requirement.

It is not a requirement to be a committer. In fact, Øystein was
approved as a mentor last year for Derby's LRU Cache project, see:
http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2006

Note that if you sign up to be a mentor, you need to also send mail to
Ross Gardler (rgardler at apache dot org) to approve you as a mentor
for the ASF.

andrew