db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Junit ant target - why use antcall?
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 21:25:23 GMT

> The way junit test runs via ant are setup is a single target
> junit-oneclass and multiple antcall calls to that target, each supplying
> a different test class.
>
> I wondering if there's a good reason to do it this way?

No, there was no particular reason for doing it that way. Seemed like
a good idea at the time to avoid duplication of settings for the
<junit> task when I added the JDBC 4 tests, I guess, but it looks like
with the perTest fork option, it would be better to just use nested
<test>s. Then we only ever need two <junit>s: one for JDBC 4 / JDK 1.6
and one with the rest of the tests.

andrew