db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: new format for release notes
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:11:26 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Knut.Hatlen@Sun.COM wrote:

>>> Is that correct? How will we know that the releaseNote.html that is
>>> attached to DERBY-2570 is different from the releaseNote.html that
>>> is attached to any other issue?
>>>

>> I think we still mark the issues that need a release note with the
>> "Release Note Needed" flag, so it should be clear that the file attached
>> to DERBY-2570 is not a release note (but renaming it to template is
>> probably a good idea). Or does the proposal mean that we stop using the
>> flag?
>>

> Hi Knut Anders,
>
> Yes, the proposal is that we still need to turn on the "Release Note
> Needed" flag. That will be the pamphlet-generator's clue that an issue
> ought to have a releaseNote.html attached. So let me take another
> crack at stating the proposal:
>
> 1) For JIRAs which need a release note, you should turn on the
> "Release Note Needed" flag and attach a file called "releaseNotes.html".
>
> 2) The template for releaseNotes.html lives in
> tools/release/templates/releaseNote.html.
>
> 3) As you improve the wording of your release note, you simply attach
> a new version of releaseNotes.html. The release documentation will
> include the last version of the release note.
>
> Regards,
> -Rick

Sigh. Let me restate that and call the attached file "releaseNote.html"
rather than "releaseNotes.html".

1) For JIRAs which need a release note, you should turn on the "Release
Note Needed" flag and attach a file called "releaseNote.html".

2) The template for releaseNote.html lives in
tools/release/templates/releaseNote.html.

3) As you improve the wording of your release note, you simply attach a
new version of releaseNote.html. The release documentation will include
the last version of the release note.