db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: new format for release notes
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:00:11 GMT
Knut.Hatlen@Sun.COM wrote:
> Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton@amberpoint.com> writes:
>

>>> 2) The format of that html file can be found in the releaseNote.html
>>> attached to DERBY-2570.
>>>
>> Is that correct? How will we know that the releaseNote.html that is
>> attached to DERBY-2570 is different from the releaseNote.html that
>> is attached to any other issue?
>>

> I think we still mark the issues that need a release note with the
> "Release Note Needed" flag, so it should be clear that the file attached
> to DERBY-2570 is not a release note (but renaming it to template is
> probably a good idea). Or does the proposal mean that we stop using the
> flag?

Hi Knut Anders,

Yes, the proposal is that we still need to turn on the "Release Note
Needed" flag. That will be the pamphlet-generator's clue that an issue
ought to have a releaseNote.html attached. So let me take another crack
at stating the proposal:

1) For JIRAs which need a release note, you should turn on the "Release
Note Needed" flag and attach a file called "releaseNotes.html".

2) The template for releaseNotes.html lives in
tools/release/templates/releaseNote.html.

3) As you improve the wording of your release note, you simply attach a
new version of releaseNotes.html. The release documentation will include
the last version of the release note.

Regards,
-Rick