db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject new format for release notes
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:47:26 GMT
As part of DERBY-2570, I'd like the community to adopt new conventions
for the release notes stored in JIRA. The new conventions differ from
the old ones as follows:

1) Instead of adding the release note as a comment, you should attach
the note as an html file called "releaseNote.html".

2) The format of that html file can be found in the releaseNote.html
attached to DERBY-2570. That template file includes comments, which
explain how to fill in sections of the release note.

3) As the release note evolves, you simply attach new versions of
releaseNote.html. The last version attached is the one which will be
included in release documentation.

Does the community think we need a vote on these new conventions or are
they non-controversial enough that we can just forge ahead with them?

Thanks,
-Rick