db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Olav Sandstaa <Olav.Sands...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Performance regression after check-in on DERBY 2537 (SVN 531971)
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:58:01 GMT
Attached is a slightly modified version of the test client found in
DERBY-1961. The main change I have done is to add a secondary index to
it that is used for the queries. Running this with two clients on a dual
CPU machine running Linux and using IBM JVM 1.5 I see a drop in
throughput of about 6 percent (down from 16656 tps to 15706 tps -
average of five runs).

To run this client do:

1. Create and initialize database:

     java  TestClient2 -a initdb -u "jdbc:derby:/tmp/tulldb;create=true"

2. Run test (which does SELECT * FROM ... WHERE SEC_ID= X) with two
client threads:

     java TestClient2 -a select -r 60 -c 2 -u "jdbc:derby:/tmp/tulldb"

Olav