db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Question using SYSCS_UTIL.SYS_GET_DATABASE_PROPERTY(..) on IJ
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 13:50:54 GMT
Paulo Jesus wrote:
> I wrote the command manually here...  the system warns when the command
> it´s wrong. But the resul on correct property is the same than in a
> random property.
>
> What's the output it should be?
> I  have some blank lines, some dots, again blank lines and at the end '1
> row selected'.
> What should i do with this?

Here is the output I get from IJ using the current development version. I
started the server with derby.locks.deadlockTimeout=10 in my derby.properties file:

ij> connect 'jdbc:derby://localhost/myDatabase;create=true';
ij> VALUES SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_GET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.locks.deadlockTimeout');
1
NULL

1 row selected

So, it seems like I don't get the real value of the property. Perhaps the system
function only works for properties that are stored in the database, i.e.
database-wide properties?

If I set the property using the corresponding system procedure for setting
properties, I get the expected result:

ij> CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.locks.deadlockTimeout',
'10');
Statement executed.
ij> VALUES SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_GET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.locks.deadlockTimeout');
1
10

1 row selected

--