db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Question using SYSCS_UTIL.SYS_GET_DATABASE_PROPERTY(..) on IJ
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 11:54:42 GMT
Paulo Jesus wrote:
> I´m trying to use  SYSCS_UTIL.SYS_GET_DATABASE_PROPERTY funtion on ij
> against a Network Server but i'm not getting any results(only some
> garbage).
>
> By the reference manual i´m using e.g.
>  VALUES SYSCS_UTIL.SYS_GET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.locks.deadlockTimeout');

I'm no expert on this, but it seems that you are missing the letters CS in
SYSCS_GET...

VALUES SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_GET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.locks.deadlockTimeout');

works for me.

> I´m trying to confirm manual settings made in derby.properties so i´m
> trying to read values like
>   derby.locks.deadlockTimeout
>   derby.locks.waitTimeout
>   derby.storage.pageCacheSize
>   derby.language.logQueryPlan
>
> Can i get this values using ij?

Seems like it, as long as you connect to a database first.
Please report any error messages you get if it still does not work for you.

--
John