db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Olav Sandstaa <o...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Performance regression after check-in on DERBY 2537 (SVN 531971)
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 20:52:05 GMT
To see the effect of this in a different environment I started a similar
test running with IBM 1.5 VM on Linux. Unfortunately, the machine I
decided to use was a shared server so during part of the test run some
other testing have been running in parallel. I plan to try to re-run
these tomorrow.

But anyway, I am attaching the graph even if it is not correct. It seems
that the negative effect of this patch is much less when running on the
IBM VM/Linux (the last part of the second curve I expect was run in
parallel with some other testing). So if anyone is looking into this and
using a different VM (or OS) than I did they might not see the large
drop I see in my tests.

Olav