db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.05% of test fixtures contribute 53% of the total running time!!
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 13:31:27 GMT
Øystein Grøvlen wrote:
> Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
>> In a test run (junit-all) of 5,816 fixtures that took 4124 seconds
>> (~68mins) *three* fixtures took 53% of the total time.
[snip]
> Do you have some tips on how to measure the duration of individual test
> cases.

Running tests through ant gives the times at the fixture level, though I
don't think we have a target to execute an arbitrary test. I think if
you run the tests using the junitreport target the report will include
the times. I'm running the tests using junit-all via CruiseControl which
automatically takes the xml files from the test runs and produces a
report including times. Though it doesn't provide any ordering ability
on the times.

Dan.