db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Øystein Grøvlen <Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 0.05% of test fixtures contribute 53% of the total running time!!
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 07:02:20 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> In a test run (junit-all) of 5,816 fixtures that took 4124 seconds
> (~68mins) *three* fixtures took 53% of the total time.
>
> testPositionAgressive                1564.684 seconds
> testNetworkServerSecurityMechanism    497.280 seconds
> testTypesInActionStatement            128.928 seconds
>
> I think testNetworkServerSecurityMechanism is being worked on but is
> anyone looking at reducing the time for testPositionAgressive?
>
> I'll take a look at the testTypesInActionStatement since I added that test.

I will take a look at testPosisitionAgressive since I am currently
working with the BlobClob4BlobTest.  It suprises me a bit that it takes
so long time since I do not think I have experience so long run times
for the entire BlobClob4BlobTest.

Do you have some tips on how to measure the duration of individual test
cases.

--
Øystein