db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ERROR XSLA2: System will shutdown, got I/O Exception while accessing log file
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 23:43:50 GMT
Hi -
It looks like Derby is trying create a new logxx.dat file (method
switchLogFile) and is failing to do so.  Check for things that would
prevent file creation like limited disk space, limited open files, etc.

It is unlikely but also check that the number being assigned to the
logfiles is not reaching the limit:  4294967295

More info at:  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-101

ERROR XSLA2: System will shutdown, got I/O Exception while accessing log
file.
at
org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(StandardException.java)
at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.LogToFile.switchLogFile(LogToFile.java)
at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.LogToFile.flush(LogToFile.java)