db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Should client error codes for returns SQLExceptions match embedded.
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:39:42 GMT
    In converting the errorCode.sql test I noticed that errorCodes from
returned SQLExceptions are not retained in client.  e.g. in the example
below, client reports an errorcode of -1 instead of 30000.
Should I file a bug for client to match embedded errorcodes for returned
SQLExceptions or is this just an expected difference.

Thanks

Kathey

[C:/test] java -Dij.showErrorCode=true org.apache.derby.tools.ij
ij version 10.3
ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:wombat';
ij> create table t(i nt, s smallint);
ERROR 42X01: Syntax error: Encountered "" at line 1, column 18.
(errorCode = 30000)
ij> exit;
[C:/test] ns start -noSecurityManager &
[2]     5712
[C:/test] Apache Derby Network Server - 10.3.0.0 alpha - (1) started and
ready to accept connections on port 1527 at 200
7-04-20 17:36:27.188 GMT

[C:/test] java -Dij.showErrorCode=true org.apache.derby.tools.ij
ij version 10.3
ij> connect 'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/wombat';
ij> create table t(i nt, s smallint);
ERROR 42X01: Syntax error: Encountered "" at line 1, column 18.
(errorCode = -1)
ij>