db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Øystein Grøvlen <Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: code coverage for junit tests for svn trunk revision 529822
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 07:27:47 GMT
Ramandeep Kaur wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I ran code coverage for junit tests for svn trunk revision 529822 with
 > sun jdk142, sun jdk15, and sun jdk16.  Code coverage has improved by
 > about 6% for classes, 9% for methods, 6% for blocks, and 6% for lines
 > since last run for svn trunk revision 508283.

Thanks for doing this.  I will use this to check the coverage for
testing of Blob/Clob that I am currently working with.  A few
questions:

   - When inspecting the results for Blob, it seems like the tests for
     the jdbc4 methods has not been run (e.g., Blob.free).  Do you know
     why?
   - What is the meaning of blocks?  I thought it was a block of
     statements, but the report says there are more blocks than lines.
     (E.g., Blob.isBinaryStream is reported to have 1 line and 10
     blocks.)

--
Øystein