db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: how should store get an object based on format id and collation id?
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 16:29:54 GMT

Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> Mamta Satoor wrote:
>
>> Hi Dan,
>>
>> The problem we are trying to solve is provide a way to Store so that
>> it can call a method (say it's called
>> getInstanceGetterForFormatIDandCollationType) on DVF with format id &
>> collation type and get an InstanceGetter for that combination.
>

> Why use InstanceGetter here?
Current store code uses InstanceGetter's, should that not be the case?
As I have said the history of this predates when store knew it had
DVD's.  Is there no performance to be had by the current use of
InstanceGettor's where store makes one call get an InstanceGettor and
then muliple calls on it to allocate possibly many objects based off
of it?