db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject how should store get an object based on format id and collation id?
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 23:25:43 GMT
o The suggestion has been made to move the object creation
   stuff from montior to data type code.  Currently the monitor
   routines are called as static's off of a public class.  Should
   I create a similar "datatype" owned class or just move the
   code into the datatype factory and make store tote and pass
   around a datatypefactory reference where it needs it.

o In looking at implementation I see that actual objects get
   allocated by DTSClassInfo.getNewInstance() which is just
   based off of the format id.  I am wondering if the proposal
   is to change this behavior to something like
   DTSClassInfo.getNewInstance(collation_id)?