db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject intend to soon checkin a change that will cause existing "trunk" based databases to break.
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 18:03:31 GMT
As part of DERBY-2537 an upcoming checkin will cause existing databases
built off the trunk to break, as it will be changing the format of the
store based metadata associated with the "current" version of the trunk.
Also after the checkin, you will not be able to create databases and
then go backward in the trunk and access them.  Full soft/hard upgrade
will be provided with respect to existing supported releases.

Let me know what kind of warning I should provide before making the
checkin.