db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Got some problems on checkpoint!!!
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2007 18:09:35 GMT
> I set the checkpoint interval as 40MB

How did you set the checkpoint interval? Is this a documented
Derby property? I couldn't find it in the Tuning Guide.

I suspect that taking a checkpoint is not an instantaneous
process, and by setting this property you have specified
the conditions under which a checkpoint should be *initiated*.

But, in order to take the checkpoint, buffer caches must be
flushed, etc, and this can take a while, so if there is a lot
of updating going on while the checkpoint is underway, I guess
I'm not surprised if the checkpoint doesn't always occur immediately.

What was your expectation regarding the behavior of this parameter?

thanks,

bryan