db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Page could not be read from disk
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 01:09:49 GMT
> thrown executing the JAVA method java.io.RandomAccessFile.readFully
> caused by the end of the file (EOF) being reached unexpectedly. It would
> be good to check your disk and system logs for reports of Disk or I/O
> problems.

Perhaps also check to see if your disk filled up. It seems that Derby
may think that the file is longer (larger) than it actually is, which
is why Derby is encountering the EndOfFile unexpectedly.

Perhaps your disk filled up at some point, and caused Derby to crash,
and then something went wrong after that such that the file was not
recovered properly?

thanks,

bryan