db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Page could not be read from disk
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 01:04:28 GMT
Jessie Lee wrote:
> ---  SNIP ---
> Hi, Stanley,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I got the following error from derby.log.  I tried to
> restart the database and kept getting the same error.  I guess the database is
> corrupted?  Is there a way to fix the database?
>
> Thanks,
> Jessie
>
> java.io.EOFException
> 	at java.io.RandomAccessFile.readFully(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer.readPage(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.CachedPage.readPage(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.CachedPage.setIdentity(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.services.cache.CachedItem.takeOnIdentity
> (Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.services.cache.Clock.addEntry(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.services.cache.Clock.find(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.FileContainer.getAllocPage
> (Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseContainer.getAllocPage
> (Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseContainerHandle.getAllocPage
> (Unknown

 --- SNIP ---
Hi Jessie -
There is something wrong with file on disk.  Note the exception is
thrown executing the JAVA method java.io.RandomAccessFile.readFully
caused by the end of the file (EOF) being reached unexpectedly. It would
be good to check your disk and system logs for reports of Disk or I/O
problems.

Since you can't even get the database to boot it is time to recover the
database from backup or rebuild the database.