db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Army <qoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: running the XML tests
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 15:26:09 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> I have downloaded xalan 2.7.0 (that seems to be the latest release
> available from the xalan site). I copied the four jar files mentioned by
> Bryan into the jre/lib/ext directory of my JDK 1.4. This did slightly
> change the output of the environmental report created by
> org.apache.xalan.xslt.EnvironmentCheck. Unfortunately, that report still
> says that my xalan version is 2.4.1. Here's the output of "java
> org.apache.xalan.xslt.EnvironmentCheck". Still puzzled. Thanks.

If you're using Sun JDK 1.4 then there is an embedded version of Xalan that is
version 2.4.1.  That's what you're seeing in your "EnvironmentCheck".  In order
to use the Xalan 2.7 jar files you have to override the JDK embedded Xalan by
using "Java Endorsed Standards":

   http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/standards/

Or to be more specific, create an "endorsed" directory under
<java-home>/jre/lib/ and then put the Xalan 2.7 jars into that directory.  In
particular the jars you need are:

     xalan.jar
     xercesImpl.jar
     xml-apis.jar

Hopefully that'll solve the problem...

Note: If you're using Sun JDK 1.5 or later I think you just have to include the
Xalan 2.7 jars in your classpath and that should be it.

Army