db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Page could not be read from disk
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 00:29:32 GMT
Jessie Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I received the following SQLException while access my database (started
> successfully).  Is this an indication of my disk corruption or database
> corruption?
>
> Thanks,
> Jessie
>
> Caught SQLException: Page Page(62342,Container(0, 3584)) could not be read from
> disk.

I would expect there to be more information in the derby.log.  The full
exception chain should provide additional information.  If this keeps
happening and indicates the same page each time there may be
corruption.  You can check your table using SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_CHECK_TABLE()
see: http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DatabaseConsistencyCheck