db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Oystein Grovlen - Sun Norway <Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Generating calls to stored procedures in autocommit mode
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 11:07:50 GMT
Øystein Grøvlen wrote:
> I have looked around in the client trying to find whether there are
> other mechanism with similar needs, but I have not found anything yet.
> Can anyone point me to existing code where the client execute
> sql-statements as a side effect of user operations.  (Maybe there are
> similar issus when SQL is executed for metadata calls?)   Pointers and
> advice will be highly appreciated.

I think I have found the solution to my problems.  The Statement class
has the following member field:

     // When this is false we skip autocommit for this PreparedStatement.
     // This is needed when the PreparedStatement object is used
internally by
     // the driver and a commit is not desired, e.g., Blob/Clob API calls
     public boolean isAutoCommittableStatement_ = true;

This seems to be what I need.  Currently, isAutoCommittableStatement_ is
true for all statements.  By setting it to false for prepared procedure
calls, executing the calls does not initiate a commit.  I will update my
locator framework patch to do so.  It is also probably a good idea to
make this field package private.

--
Øystein