db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: How can I look the connection count of a derby database
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 01:42:56 GMT
Mayuresh Nirhali <Mayuresh.Nirhali@Sun.COM> writes:

> if you are using the network-server mode,
> then following could help,
>
> java -cp derbynet.jar org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl runtimeinfo

I played with this a bit after starting a server on trunk and am
wondering about one 'feature' or bug, not sure which; I connected from
ij cia the client driver, made a few connections, and the above
command showed me the connections and prepared statement of
each. Howeverm when I shut the database, the tool still showed the
connections, in fact, even when I shut down the system, the same info
came out.. Is there some cache which is not being invalidated here, or
is there something else going on? Dangling session objects?

Dag