db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Question about JDBCHarnessJavaTest
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 08:24:12 GMT

> Kathey Marsden wrote:
>>
>> When adding (really uncommenting) tests in JDBCHarnessJavaTest, I am
>> seeing an
>> AccessControlException: access denied  exception.
>>
> On Dan's suggestion, I tried running the test outside of eclipse and
> got the same result.
> I also tried to make derby_tests.policy more liberal to no avail.  Any
> other thoughts on this are welcome.

I don't see this exception when I enable setTransactionIsolation in
JDBCHarnessJavaTest (Java 1.5.0, Solaris 10, testing both jars and
classes), so it might be something special with your environment.

Note that the exception is thrown
>>            at
>> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.util.CanonTestCase.dumpForFail(CanonTestCase.java(Inlined
Compiled Code))

meaning that the AccessControlException is caused by the code which
tries to log the output from a failed test. I would guess that the
exception will go away if you update the canon to match the actual
output. In the old harness, the output from setTransactionIsolation
went through a sed script which filtered out cursor names and some
less interesting parts of the run-time statistics. Without the sed
filtering, I think there will be many differences between the embedded
driver and the client driver.

--
Knut Anders