db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Comments in StoredFormatIds refer to classes that do not exist. Are these just leftover comments that don't apply anymore?
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 06:37:18 GMT
Hello,

I was going through iapi.services.io.StoredFormatIds to understand how
SQLChar is generated by the compiler. I need to understand this in order to
support generation of SQLChar with their own collator.

In StoredFormatIds, I see several references to classes in the comments that
don't really exist in Derby. For instance, there is following piece of code
is StoredFormatIds

        /**
            class org.apache.derby.catalog.types.CharTypeIdImpl
         */
        static public final int CHAR_TYPE_ID_IMPL =
            (MIN_ID_2 + 17);

But there is no CharTypeIdImpl in the catalog.types package. Are these
comments leftover from the past which should have been fixed?

Thanks,
Mamta