db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Comments in StoredFormatIds refer to classes that do not exist. Are these just leftover comments that don't apply anymore?
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 06:37:18 GMT

I was going through iapi.services.io.StoredFormatIds to understand how
SQLChar is generated by the compiler. I need to understand this in order to
support generation of SQLChar with their own collator.

In StoredFormatIds, I see several references to classes in the comments that
don't really exist in Derby. For instance, there is following piece of code
is StoredFormatIds

            class org.apache.derby.catalog.types.CharTypeIdImpl
        static public final int CHAR_TYPE_ID_IMPL =
            (MIN_ID_2 + 17);

But there is no CharTypeIdImpl in the catalog.types package. Are these
comments leftover from the past which should have been fixed?

View raw message