db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Ravinder Reddy <pand...@students.iiit.net>
Subject Google Summer of Code 2007..!!!
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:54:58 GMT

 	Hello Everyone,

 		As some of u might be knowing me through my mails , I am 3rd year Under Graduate Student
 	 working on derby  for implementing Speculative Locking Protocol.I want to continue this
work as part of
          The Google Summer of code 2007.

 	Why This Mail.?
 	-------------

 		I am adviced to take the suggestions/comments from You. So plzz feel
 	free to give any kind of suggestion..!!

 	What is speculative locking protocol.?
 	------------------------------------

 		This is new locking protocol proposed in the literature to  improve the performance of
database systems
 	by trading extra processing resources.By simulation results  they showed  that it outperfoms
2-phase locking.
 	They proposed a set of protocols and in this project I want to implement the basic one.

 	Why me Only.?

 		I already started working on this project..!!.Java Progamming is always exciting for me.etc..!

 						Thank You..!!

    Every problem that has been solved can be solved again in a better way

                                                   - Ravinder Reddy