db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Laura Stewart" <scotsmat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Javadoc - where should Derby users go to find it?
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 23:10:48 GMT
On 3/9/07, Andrew McIntyre <mcintyre.a@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/9/07, Laura Stewart <scotsmatrix@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Currently, the Derby manual (Getting Started with Derby guide) points
> > users to the javadoc subdirectory in the location where Derby is
> > installed.
> >
> > The javadoc can also be accessed from this site at Apache.
> > http://db.apache.org/derby/javadoc/engine/
> > The Web site seems like the alpha version of the manuals (it
> > specifically says 10.3 on the site).
>
> This javadoc is the engine internals javadoc and is not meant for
> users. I've been putting the latest copy of the published API javadoc
> into the docs directory with the rest of the user documentation:

So it is only meant for developers of Derby source code?
Not meant for Derby application developers?

> http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/publishedapi/
>
> > Should there be a place on the Derby Documentation Web page that
> > mentions the API Reference (javadoc) and should users be referred to
> > the javadoc subdirectory?
> > I am assuming that there should not be any reference to the Apache
> > javadoc site since it is not a released version...
>
> The API javadoc is the first item listed under each version on this page:
>
> http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/index.html
>
> Perhaps if it read 'Javadoc' or 'API Javadoc' it might be clearer what
> is being linked there.

Yes, the title there should be API Javadoc, I guess because the title
is so short, I missed it being there.

Also, what about a link from the Getting Started guide to the 10.x API ???
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/publishedapi/

--
Laura Stewart