db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Clary" <jcl...@actuate.com>
Subject RE: Running test suites and interpreting results
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 21:54:57 GMT
I didn't attach them before because of their size, but here you go.

By the way, I appreciate your patient help.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: V.Narayanan@Sun.COM [mailto:V.Narayanan@Sun.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:49 AM
To: derby-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: Re: Running test suites and interpreting results

I am very sorry, I should have asked you to run

java org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunSuite jdbc40

But I think you are doing things correctly and the build environment is
not the problem. Sorry for the wrong pointer.

 From the pointers you have given me as of now I am finding it difficult

to point the exact source of failures.

You told us that you have run derbyall and you had failures. Do you
still have the derbyall_report.txt that would have been created in your
test directory(the directory in which the test was run?) with you.

I would be able to find out what the failures are due to by looking at
the diffs in derbyall_report.txt. Can you also attach derbyall_diff.txt
with it?

I will try to find out from the report and the diff files why your tests

have failed.

Also just for the sake of confirming that your jdbc4 files have been
built can you do a

jar -tvf derby.jar | grep EmbedConnection4 and ensure you get

org/apache/derby/impl/jdbc/EmbedConnection40.class

sorry again for the inconvenience,

Narayanan

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/code/trunk/java/testing/README.htm

>>> ?view=co, but I think I still don't have something set up properly.

>>> get a lot of test files listed in derbyall_fail.txt (listed at the
>>> bottom of this message).  Derbyall_diff.txt is too long to attach,
>>>
> but I
>
>>> have clipped the first few lines from it.  It looks like I might be
>>> missing an SQL script and the toursDB demo database is not getting
>>>
> built
>
>>> properly.
>>>
>>> I'm going to go dig into checkToursDB.java when I get a chance, but
>>>
> if
>
>>> someone can point out something silly I might be missing, it would
>>>
> save
>
>>> me some time.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jeff
>>>

>>> Here is derbyall_fail.txt:
>>>
>>> derbyall/demo/demo.fail:demo/checkToursDB.java
>>> derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbcapi/metadata.java
>>> derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbcapi/odbc_metadata.java
>>> derbyall/derbyall.fail:lang/closed.java
>>> derbyall/derbyall.fail:lang/grantRevokeDDL2.sql
>>> derbyall/derbyall.fail:lang/procedureInTrigger.sql
>>> derbyall/derbyall.fail:lang/releaseCompileLocks.sql
>>> derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/TestConnectionMethods.java
>>> derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/TestDbMetaData.java
>>> derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/TestJDBC40Exception.java
>>> derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/TestPreparedStatementMethods.java
>>> derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/TestResultSetMethods.java
>>> derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/AutoloadBooting.junit
>>> derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/AutoloadTest.junit
>>> derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/VerifySignatures.junit
>>> derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/_Suite.junit
>>> derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbcapi/dbMetaDataJdbc30.java
>>> derbyall/derbyall.fail:upgradeTests/Upgrade_10_1_10_2.java

derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:junitTests/derbyNet/

>>> CompatibilityTest.java

derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:jdbc4/TestConnection

>>> Methods.java

derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:jdbc4/TestPreparedSt

>>> atementMethods.java

derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:jdbc4/TestResultSetM

>>> ethods.java

derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:jdbc4/AutoloadBootin

>>> g.junit

derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:jdbc4/AutoloadTest.j

>>> unit

derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:jdbc4/VerifySignatur

>>> es.junit
>>>

> derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:jdbc4/_Suite.junit

derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/NSinSameJVM.java

derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/checkSecMgr.java

derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/testProperties.ja

>>> va
>>> derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:jdbcapi/metadata.java

derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:jdbcapi/odbc_metadata.java

>>> derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:lang/procedure.java

derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:tools/importExport.java
>>> derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:tools/ieptests.sql

derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:jdbcapi/dbMetaDataJdbc30.j

>>> ava
>>>

>>> Here are the first few lines of derbyall_diff.txt:
>>>
>>> ********* Diff file derbyall/demo/demo/checkToursDB.diff
>>> *** Start: checkToursDB jdk1.6.0 demo:demo 2007-03-23 11:08:35 ***
>>> 1 del
>>> < CONNECTION0* -     jdbc:derby:toursDB
>>> 2 del
>>> < * = current connection
>>> 3 del
>>> < ij> -- Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
>>>
> or
>
>>> more
>>> 4 del
>>> < -- contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
distributed
>>> with