db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Clary" <jcl...@actuate.com>
Subject Running test suites and interpreting results
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 14:59:11 GMT
I could use some hints getting my basic build/test environment set up.
I am getting the code as documented using "svn co
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk derby" and building
successfully.  I invoke ant all, ant testing, and ant buildjars without
errors.

I'm trying to run the derbyall test suite based on what I read at
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/code/trunk/java/testing/README.htm
?view=co, but I think I still don't have something set up properly.  I
get a lot of test files listed in derbyall_fail.txt (listed at the
bottom of this message).  Derbyall_diff.txt is too long to attach, but I
have clipped the first few lines from it.  It looks like I might be
missing an SQL script and the toursDB demo database is not getting built
properly.

I'm going to go dig into checkToursDB.java when I get a chance, but if
someone can point out something silly I might be missing, it would save
me some time.

Thanks,
Jeff

Here is derbyall_fail.txt:

derbyall/demo/demo.fail:demo/checkToursDB.java
derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbcapi/metadata.java
derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbcapi/odbc_metadata.java
derbyall/derbyall.fail:lang/closed.java
derbyall/derbyall.fail:lang/grantRevokeDDL2.sql
derbyall/derbyall.fail:lang/procedureInTrigger.sql
derbyall/derbyall.fail:lang/releaseCompileLocks.sql
derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/TestConnectionMethods.java
derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/TestDbMetaData.java
derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/TestJDBC40Exception.java
derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/TestPreparedStatementMethods.java
derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/TestResultSetMethods.java
derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/AutoloadBooting.junit
derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/AutoloadTest.junit
derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/VerifySignatures.junit
derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/_Suite.junit
derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbcapi/dbMetaDataJdbc30.java
derbyall/derbyall.fail:upgradeTests/Upgrade_10_1_10_2.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:junitTests/derbyNet/
CompatibilityTest.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:jdbc4/TestConnection
Methods.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:jdbc4/TestPreparedSt
atementMethods.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:jdbc4/TestResultSetM
ethods.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:jdbc4/AutoloadBootin
g.junit
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:jdbc4/AutoloadTest.j
unit
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:jdbc4/VerifySignatur
es.junit
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:jdbc4/_Suite.junit
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/NSinSameJVM.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/checkSecMgr.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/testProperties.ja
va
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:jdbcapi/metadata.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:jdbcapi/odbc_metadata.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:lang/procedure.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:tools/importExport.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:tools/ieptests.sql
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:jdbcapi/dbMetaDataJdbc30.j
ava

Here are the first few lines of derbyall_diff.txt:

********* Diff file derbyall/demo/demo/checkToursDB.diff
*** Start: checkToursDB jdk1.6.0 demo:demo 2007-03-23 11:08:35 ***
1 del
< CONNECTION0* - 	jdbc:derby:toursDB
2 del
< * = current connection
3 del
< ij> -- Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or
more
4 del
< -- contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed
with
5 del
< -- this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
6 del
< -- The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version
2.0
7 del
< -- (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
with
8 del
< -- the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
9 del
< --
10 del
< --     http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
11 del
< --
12 del
< -- Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
13 del
< -- distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
14 del
< -- WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
implied.
15 del
< -- See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
16 del
< -- limitations under the License.
17 del
< CREATE TABLE AIRLINES
18 del
<    (
19 del
<       AIRLINE CHAR(2) NOT NULL ,
20 del
<       AIRLINE_FULL VARCHAR(24),
21 del
<       BASIC_RATE DOUBLE PRECISION,
22 del
<       DISTANCE_DISCOUNT DOUBLE PRECISION,
23 del
<       BUSINESS_LEVEL_FACTOR DOUBLE PRECISION,
24 del
<       FIRSTCLASS_LEVEL_FACTOR DOUBLE PRECISION,
25 del
<       ECONOMY_SEATS INTEGER,
26 del
<       BUSINESS_SEATS INTEGER,
27 del
<       FIRSTCLASS_SEATS INTEGER
28 del
<    );
29 del
< 0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
30 del
< ij> ALTER TABLE AIRLINES
31 del
<    ADD CONSTRAINT AIRLINES_PK Primary Key (
32 del
<       AIRLINE);
33 del
< 0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
34 del
< ij> -- \************************************************************\
35 del
< CREATE TABLE COUNTRIES
36 del
<    (
37 del
<       COUNTRY VARCHAR(26) NOT NULL,
38 del
<       COUNTRY_ISO_CODE CHAR(2) NOT NULL ,
39 del
<       REGION VARCHAR(26)
40 del
<    );
41 del
< 0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
42 del
< ij> ALTER TABLE COUNTRIES
43 del
<    ADD CONSTRAINT COUNTRIES_PK Primary Key (
44 del
<       COUNTRY_ISO_CODE);
45 del
< 0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
46 del
< ij> ALTER TABLE COUNTRIES
47 del
<    ADD CONSTRAINT COUNTRIES_UNQ_NM Unique (
48 del
<       COUNTRY);
49 del
< 0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
50 del
< ij> ALTER TABLE COUNTRIES
51 del
<    ADD CONSTRAINT COUNTRIES_UC
52 del
<    CHECK (country_ISO_code = upper(country_ISO_code) );