db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Luigi Lauro <luigi.la...@gmail.com>
Subject How to test StorageFactory/StorageFile implementations: help needed
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 14:33:58 GMT
By checking the README.htm provided in the SVN testing directory, I
can see there is a "storeall" testing suite which seems to test the
storage area.

Now, given I'm working on a new StorageFactory implementation, I
would like to know 2 things:

A) How can I enable my storageFactory as default for testing? How can
I tell derby to use mine JNLPStorageFactory instead of default one?

B) How much can I trust these tests? How much do they stress the
StorageFile/StorageFactory implementations? They are 'large enough'
so that I can safely trust an implementation if all storeall is
passed, or Do i need to provide more, specific test-case in order to
be safe of my StorageFactory/StorageFile implementation?

Thanks a lot for any help you may give :)