db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commit mails on modification to Wiki page
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2007 19:37:05 GMT

> I am working on creating a new wiki page and I am assuming that I will go
> through lot of iterations of edits and saves before I am ready to share it
> with the community. I don't want my saves to send a commit notification for
> everytime I edit and save the page. Is there a way to stop those commit
> mails temporarily on a wiki page?

No, and that's by design, so that the community is informed
immediately if a spammer tries to spam a page on the wiki.

If you really don't want to send commit mails while you are working on
the page, I would suggest using the Preview function repeatedly. I
think you should feel free to work on it however you wish, though, and
I would be surprised if anyone commented about dozens of valid commit
messages coming from the wiki.

andrew