db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Javadoc - where should Derby users go to find it?
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 23:25:22 GMT
On 3/9/07, Laura Stewart <scotsmatrix@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/9/07, Andrew McIntyre <mcintyre.a@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 3/9/07, Laura Stewart <scotsmatrix@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > The javadoc can also be accessed from this site at Apache.
> > > http://db.apache.org/derby/javadoc/engine/
> > > The Web site seems like the alpha version of the manuals (it
> > > specifically says 10.3 on the site).
> >
> > This javadoc is the engine internals javadoc and is not meant for
> > users.
> So it is only meant for developers of Derby source code?
> Not meant for Derby application developers?

Correct, what is in the 'engine' directory on the website is not meant
for Derby application developers.

> Yes, the title there should be API Javadoc, I guess because the title
> is so short, I missed it being there.
> Also, what about a link from the Getting Started guide to the 10.x API ???
> http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/publishedapi/

Links to the javadoc from the user docs would be good, but they should
point to the location of the javadoc as it would be in the
distribution and not to the website, so that the links would still
function in a disconnected environment if someone has a full Derby

Hoepfully, we could figure out how to arrange the documentation on the
website so that it matches the layout in the distributions, so that
the links work both in the download and on the website without

See also:

which is a request for better integration of the docs and javadoc.

View raw message