db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Javadoc - where should Derby users go to find it?
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 23:00:47 GMT
On 3/9/07, Laura Stewart <scotsmatrix@gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently, the Derby manual (Getting Started with Derby guide) points
> users to the javadoc subdirectory in the location where Derby is
> installed.
>
> The javadoc can also be accessed from this site at Apache.
> http://db.apache.org/derby/javadoc/engine/
> The Web site seems like the alpha version of the manuals (it
> specifically says 10.3 on the site).

This javadoc is the engine internals javadoc and is not meant for
users. I've been putting the latest copy of the published API javadoc
into the docs directory with the rest of the user documentation:

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/publishedapi/

> Should there be a place on the Derby Documentation Web page that
> mentions the API Reference (javadoc) and should users be referred to
> the javadoc subdirectory?
> I am assuming that there should not be any reference to the Apache
> javadoc site since it is not a released version...

The API javadoc is the first item listed under each version on this page:

http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/index.html

Perhaps if it read 'Javadoc' or 'API Javadoc' it might be clearer what
is being linked there.

andrew