db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Track use of Derby documentation on Apache Web site
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 23:00:01 GMT
On 3/1/07, Laura Stewart <scotsmatrix@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to gather some information about how often the Derby books
> (PDF and HTML) and the Derby documentation Web pages are accessed.
>
> Is there a way to track the number of times a Derby PDF or HTML file
> is accessed on the Apach Derby web site?  Or the number of times a
> specific page (Overview, Writing Guidelines, etc)

The server logs for the Apache websites are accessible on
people.apache.org, see the "How does logging work" section here:

http://www.apache.org/dev/project-site.html

I usually download yesterday's log file from /x1/logarchive/www to my
machine via sftp and then grep through it locally to avoid using up
any CPU on people.apache.org.

andrew