db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Army <qoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What error action is taken when "ENVIRONMENTAL" errors are raised
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 22:28:13 GMT
Mike Matrigali wrote:

> Given your answers I think it would be safest to set the severity action
> to statement explicitly.

Okay, works for me.  Given Dan's most recent email on this thread I guess we'd
make the "family" of errors that fall into the category of "XMLxx" all statement
severity, then?

The other one (LANG_XML_QUERY_ERROR, SQLSTATE=10000) could just take the explict
".S" since I don't think it falls into any particular family at the moment...

> Is there an existing test that verifies the return value is
> 10000 (using standard jdbc to get the actual return value)?

Such a test has to include an XPath expression that compiles without error but
then throws a Xalan-produced execution time error.  There is exactly one such
test today, and that's in XMLTypeAndOpsTest.textXMLQuery().

Army