db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What error action is taken when "ENVIRONMENTAL" errors are raised
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 22:08:28 GMT
Mike Matrigali wrote:

> Army wrote:
 >
>> If that's not done automatically then I
>> don't know how to make it happen; would marking it as "statement
>> severity" (by adding ".S" to it) be sufficient?
> I think adding .S would be sufficient.  Then when the system raises that
> exception the standard exception handling stack will do statement level
> error handling.  To me all seem like statement level errors - it should
> be sufficient to set the proper severity and then let the system handle
> it.

If a "family" of errors all map to the same severity then it will be
easier to add that logic into the severity determination code, then
adding '.S'. Adding .S will require changes to all the messages files.

See StandardException.getSeverityFromIdentifier()

E.g. all 40xxx errors are transaction severity, whereas 42xxx are statement.

Dan.