db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Regression Test Report - tinderbox_trunk16 523602 - Sun DBTG
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:08:36 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> just fyi at this point - the test is also failing with an NPE with
> weme6.1.
> I haven't looked closely at that failure.
>
> Myrna
Thanks, Myrna. Here's an update: the error I'm seeing is indeed
different from the one in the tinderbox run. I'm seeing an error caused
by an unclosed ResultSet blocking table drops and choking subsequent
tests. I've logged this as DERBY-2502 and attached a patch for that
problem. That patches the problem but there's still an open issue there
as to why we see this behavior on some vm/build combinations but not others.

Now I'm back to trying to figure out how to reproduce the tinderbox
behavior on my machine. After applying the DERBY-2502 patch, the lang
suite runs cleanly for me.

Regards,
-Rick