db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From V Narayanan <V.Naraya...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Running test suites and interpreting results
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 06:06:26 GMT
Jeffrey Clary wrote:
> I didn't attach them before because of their size, but here you go.

Thank you for attaching it. I checked for the failures in the jdbc4
suite and this gives you the clue

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/jdbc4/TestJDBC40Exception

I reproduced this error the following way I commented the jdk16 variable
in my ant.properties.

set my JAVA_HOME = <1.4 home> or <1.6 home>
set PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH

Then did a ant clobber && ant all && ant buildjarsclean.

Now in my test directory I ran

java org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunSuite jdbc40

Attached is the report for the test. The failure I encounter in the
jdbc4 tests if you notice is similar to the failures you see in the
jdbc4 tests in your derbyall run.

I am sure that for some reason the JDBC 4.0 files in your repository
have not compiled. The main reason being that the jdk16 variable has not
been set.

When you run the tests with 1.6 it searches for the JDBC 4.0 related
files and does not find it and throws the exception.

There is a problem in your build environment or as kristian said in his
email probably you are pointing the CLASSPATH when the tests are run to
the wrong location of jar files.

Hope this helps!

> By the way, I appreciate your patient help.

Absolutely No problem! As I try to do my best to help I learn a lot too.