db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com>
Subject Re: [DERBY-2469] First alpha implementation available - help needed :)
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 17:46:36 GMT
Hi, Luigi.  Another pot-shot from the side :)

I think it's great you are already submitting some code!  Very impressed!

I'd review this, except it's really not my area of expertise.  Heck,
I'll look at it anyway.

But I wanted to alert you to how Apache communities work.  You may
proudly submit some feature like this, and ask for a review.  Then what
you get instead is deafening silence.  Bummer!

But don't take it personally.  Your job is to be the squeaky wheel.  If
you don't hear anything (give it 72 hours), send out a gentle reminder
for someone to please review.

I really think that there is interest in this, so hopefully someone will
pay attention who knows this area better than I, and commit it.

I'll take a look, too, and see what initial issues I find.

Thanks for doing this, Luigi!

David