db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Running test suites and interpreting results
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:51:41 GMT
Jeffrey Clary wrote:
> Thanks for the pointers so far.  I've got several JDKs on my system, and
> I verified that I was indeed running 1.6.  I modified my environment and
> rebuilt everything using 1.4 (I think).  Meanwhile I also set the jdk16
> property in ant.properties.  I still seem to be getting the same results
> from derbyall.  Many of the test cases run fine, but the same set fails.
> It sure seems like I am probably missing something simple.
> Here is the contents of my ant.properties file:
> j14lib=C:/j2sdk1.4.2_13/jre/lib
> jdk16=C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.6.0
> sane=false
> Here is what happened when I tried to run just the jdk14 test suite:

Hello Jeffrey,

To run the jdbc4 suite, you have to run with Java SE 6. The reason is
that the JDBC 4.0 interfaces are not present in any earlier Java
platform version.

Also note that the suite name is 'jdbc40', not 'jdbc4'.
You can see the available suites for in
'java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/suites'. The files
ending with '.runall' are suites for the old harness. The '.java' files
are JUnit suites.
We are currently migrating from the old harness to JUnit, but this is a
lot of work and takes time. I believe the goal is to be done before the
next release.

If the suggestions above don't help, it would be helpful if you let us
know what your classpath is.

> C:\projects\svn\derby-testing2>java -version
> java version "1.4.2_13"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_13-b06)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_13-b06, mixed mode)
> C:\projects\svn\derby-testing2>java
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunSuite jdbc4
> Top suite: jdbc4
> Suite to run: jdbc4:jdbc4
> Now do RunList
> Suite runall file not found for jdbc4