db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From TomohitoNakayama <tomon...@basil.ocn.ne.jp>
Subject Question for "in place" of SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_INPLACE_COMPRESS_TABLE system procedure
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:16:01 GMT
Hello.

I'm translating reference manual into Japanese yet and
am encountered wording problem which is not clear enough for me to
translate.

The part where I was encountered wording problem is
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_INPLACE_COMPRESS_TABLE system procedure.
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/rrefproceduresinplacecompress.html

The wording what I could not translate was "in place".
In the dictionary, this wording seems to mean "in a appropriate
situation" in general.

However I can't understand meaning of "compress table in a appropriate
situation" ....
I think meaning of "in place" distinguish
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_INPLACE_COMPRESS_TABLE from
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_COMPRESS_TABLE system procedure .
But I'm not sure difference between them.

Please give me some help ....

Best regards.

--
/*