db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Unusual error creating diff file
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2007 23:52:33 GMT
Laura Stewart wrote:
> When I attempt to create a diff file, I get this error
>
> C:\Authoring\Forrest\Derby\trunk>svn diff > docpages031907_3.diff
> svn: File 'build\site\skin\print.css' has inconsistent newlines
> svn: Inconsistent line ending style.
>
> However, the forrest site command runs successfully.
> Any ideas?

I'm kind of surprised that you got that error with the 'svn diff'
command -- I often don't see that until I try to actually commit.

Anyhow, revert changes to the skin files:

  'svn revert' build\site\skin\*

Problems with the skin files are documented at
http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/derby_web.html#odd_diffs .
And, huh!, I remember now that I meant to tell Windows users to 'svn
revert' those files. Current wording still leaves one with the
impression that they could be committed:

> It's harmless to commit those files, though it does add some minor bloat to the Derby
repository, and it's also harmless to svn revert them. And it's certainly confusing!

regards,

 -jean