db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject What java compiler does the build default to?
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 03:43:26 GMT
I was wondering what is the defined java compiler that the build uses
when not setting build.compiler? BUILDING.txt has this info which isn't
that helpful.

----- BUILDING.txt extract -----
  - build.compiler

       This variable defines the java compiler to be used for build.
       The default value of this variable is set to use the standard java
       compiler for build.

I looked at the output of an ant -verbose but I couldn't see anything
that indicated the path to the compiler it uses. Derby uses the 'modern'
setting for the javac task but does not set the 'fork' property.

Does this mean ant is calling some java api to the compiler and uses
$JAVA_HOME as the jar files for the compiler?

(My situation is that JAVA_HOME does not match the JDK 1.4.2 I have
setup in my ant.properties and I'm wondering which compiler is being used.)

Dan.